Quotes about Mothers

Successful mothers are not the ones who have never struggled. They are the ones who never give up, despite their struggles.
~ Sharon Jaynes

You could add: Thank you, Mom, for never giving up. You were there not only on the special days, but on the hard days too, and I hope I can do the same for you.

A mother is the truest friend we have, when trials heavy and sudden fall upon us; when friends who rejoice with us in our sunshine desert us; when trouble thickens around us, still she will cling to us, and endeavor by her kind precepts and counsels to dissipate the clouds of darkness, and cause peace to return to our hearts.
~ Washington Irving

You could add: Happy Birthday to my mother and my best friend.

Motherhood is a choice you make everyday to put someone else’s happiness and well-being ahead of your own, to teach the hard lessons, to do the right thing even when you’re not sure what the right thing is... and to forgive yourself over and over again for doing everything wrong.
~ Donna Bell

A mother is not a person to lean on, but a person to make leaning unnecessary.
~ Dorothy Canfield Fisher

God could not be everywhere, and therefore he made mothers.
~ Jewish Proverb

Mother’s love is bliss, is peace, it need not be acquired, it need not be deserved. If it is there, it is like a blessing; if it is not there, it is as if all the beauty had gone out of life.”
~ Erich Fromm

To describe my mother would be to write about a hurricane in its perfect power. Or the climbing, falling colors of a rainbow.
~ Maya Angalou

I am sure that if the mothers of various nations could meet, there would be no more wars.
~ E. M. Forster

No language can express the power and beauty and heroism of a mother’s love.
~ Edwin Chapin

I got to grow up with a mother who taught me to believe in me.
~ Antonio Villaraigosa

A mother’s happiness is like a beacon, lighting up the future but reflected also on the past in the guise of fond memories.
~ Honore de Balzac

Mama was my greatest teacher, a teacher of compassion, love and fearlessness. If love is sweet as a flower, then my mother is that sweet flower of love.
~ Stevie Wonder

I am closest to my mother, as she is my rock, my pillar of strength, and my world. Not only has she stood by me through all times - happy, sad, and otherwise - but there have even been moments when I had completely lost hope, and her immense belief in me had lifted me up.
~ Amruta Khanvilkar

Life doesn’t come with a manual, it comes with a mother.
~ Unknown

It’s a funny thing about mothers and fathers. Even when their own child is the most disgusting little blister you could ever imagine, they still think that he or she is wonderful.
~ Roald Dahl

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Birthday Wishes for New Mom

Birthday Prayers for Mother

Birthday Wishes from Daughter to Mom